Thursday, January 03, 2019

Books I started reading

...and am hoping to finish in the next few months or at least this year:
  1. Refuse to Choose - Barbara Sher
  2. How to Hypnotise Anyone - Confessions of Rogue Hypnotist
  3. Become Healthy or Extinct - Darryl D'Souza
  4. The 80/20 Principle - Richard Koch
  5. A New Science of Life - Rupert Sheldrake (first edition of Morphic Resonance)
  6. Ramana Maharshi and the Path of Self Knowledge - Arthur Osborne
  7. Life with My Guardian Angel - Richard Bach (the first ever RB book that I didn't devour right away)
  8. Declutter Your Mind - S. J. Scott & Barrie Davenport (I found Headspace here and got distracted... talk about irony)
  9. 10-minute Digital Declutter - S. J. Scott & Barrie Davenport (irony again!)
  10. You Are Smarter Than You Think - Thomas Armstrong
  11. Level Up Your Day - - S. J. Scott &Rebecca Livermore
  12. 10-minute Declutter - S. J. Scott & Barrie Davenport (oh, the mother of ironies!)

And then there are these that I bought, but have barely even started reading:
  1. Autobiography of a Yogi - Paramhansa Yogananda
  2. Shivaji: The Grand Rebel - Dennis Kincaid
  3. Animal Farm - George Orwell
  4. To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
  5. Break Free: Acceptance and Commitment Therapy in 3 Steps - Tanya J. Peterson (rolling my eyes at this now)
  6. Thank Your Wicked Parents - Richard Bach (this isn't a linear read anyway, and almost none of it is applicable to my situation, thankfully!)
  7. S.M.A.R.T. Goals Made Simple - S. J. Scott
  8. How Google Works - Eric Schmidt
  9. Talk Like TED - Carmine Gallo
  10. Game of Life - Kanishka Sinha and Girish Manimaran
  11. The Ultimate Writing Guide for Students - Grammar Girl / Mignon Fogarty


Those are too many for me to finish in a year, or even two! Also, I used to believe I'm more of fiction reader. Clearly, my preferences have changed over the years. Or, maybe these are things I thought I should read, rather than what I am really motivated to read. Maybe that's why I have had trouble completing any of them.

No comments: