Saturday, April 18, 2020

2019.04.18

This has been an unexpectedly calm day. I wasn't productive or efficient or any such thing, but I don't feel any throbbing guilt about it, nor am I disappointed in myself. In fact, looking in the mirror, I caught myself thinking about how each one of us is free to find ways to make peace with the world and the reality of everything, as opposed to some utopian dream, and therefore to make peace with ourselves. Yes, we're all eventually going to evolve into something else, maybe better, but that might happen over a dozen or more lifespans. No point rushing to attain nirvana during this one. Learning happens at its own pace, depending on how hungry or how desperate you are to learn (or maybe something else that I haven't perceived yet). As of now, all I am looking forward to is my Phoebe tattoo on Saturday night. I'm looking forward to that pain, and I want to spend those hours thinking about her and the love and lessons she brought for me while being the one true manifestation of unconditional love in my life.

6 comments:

Haddock said...

evolve into something else? Maybe that will be the reality now.

Pallavi Sharma said...

Hi there, Haddock! Been a while.

You mean with the Covid situation now?

shrik said...

Since this was the first post I read, I jumped to the c. that you got yourself a tattoo of the Earth as seen from a great great distance. Only after scrolling down (and for the benefit of future readers) one realizes Phoebe was the name of your dog.

Pallavi Sharma said...

@Shrik, how kind of you!
And now it's my turn to ask what made you jump to that c.? I don't really know the association of Phoebe with the earth. The closest celestial object of that name seems to be a moon of Saturn...wouldn't that be your immediate conclusion?

shrik said...

I take it you have not watched Friends. https://youtu.be/31irC1PPlbk https://friends.fandom.com/wiki/The_One_Where_Joey_Moves_Out

Pallavi Sharma said...

Uff! Of course I have. And my Phoebe's name was inspired by her in part. But I completely forgot that episode w.r.t. the context. :/
Thank you for reminding me!